Every child is different and tends to behave differently. The behaviour of a child is an output dependent on the basic nature of the child and the environment of their upbringing.
The nature of the child is unique to them. Hence, it’s important that we spend a lot of time in understanding their psychology, in order for us to adjust our attitude towards them.
We generally reward the children for good behaviour and when they behave indifferently, we tend to punish them. This helps in the short run for setting examples. However, for us to understand our kids’ psychology, from the long term perspective, we need to invest more time understanding them and try and connect with them.
As a parent, it is important for us to take extra care in the way we deal with our kids. Here are a few things, which we should try and avoid -
1) Humiliating our children in front of others.
This may leave a deep scar on the confidence of the child. They would tend to get less social.
2) Being strict all the time. Though it’s important for us to adopt a strict attitude at times, we must at the same time, ensure that we remain flexible in our approach and get friendly on other times. The child psychology is such that, if fear gets installed in their minds, they may never open up with us.
3) Constant nagging at our child. This would dissociate them from us. We must also try and ensure that we do not mix our work life stress with them.
4) Spending less time with our kids. We should take out the extra time to spend with them and establish a more intimate relationship with them. By that way, we ensure that, our kids get the confidence of coming up to us to share their problems and needs.
5) Not listening to our kids. Giving our kids a patient hearing would encourage them to keep coming back to us.
It’s important that we set develop and align our style of parenthood to our kid’s psychology. After all, each child is different and each of them is unique!