There is a saying that 'memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke' --unknown.
Everyday of a child's life should be filled with sweet memories. Special days like birthdays, christening or any another religious or cultural celebration for the child should be extraordinary and attention to detail is a must. It could be argued that little ones are too young to remember, but if you make your child's special day a success it will bring happiness to you.
To make your little one's special day perfect the first rule is planning and good organisation.
Take a pen and piece of paper or any electronic note taking device and brainstorm and write down ideas and thoughts for the following things:
1) A guest list
2) Your budget for the party
3) Invitation Will you have an invitation for the party? Or are you happy to invite people over the phone? If you are planning to have an invitation consider the following things: How do I want the invitation to look? Where can I print the invitation? How much will I spend on the invitation?
4) Venue: where will you host the party?, at your own house or a hired venue.
5) Food. Deciding the menu and or a caterer.
6) Theme of the party For example a color theme.
The theme for my daughter's party was Teddy bear's picnic .
7) Decoration Plan How are you going to decorate the venue?
Table decoration for the party.
More decorations .
8) Party favours and what to put in the party bag.
9) Entertainment ideas. Write down your plans on entertaining the guests.
10) Helpers Names of the people who will be helping you for the day and their responsibilities.
Once you have completed the planning phase, you are now ready to move to the next phase which organisation.
The organisation steps could involve:
1) Hiring of the venue
2) Designing and printing your invitation.
3) Inviting the guests. It can be done over the phone or emailing. If you are going with the invitation cards, now is the perfect time to distribute.
4) Arranging a good professional photographer
5) Ordering the cake for the party
teddy bear picnic themed cake
6) Working on the party themes. Looking for party hire/ decorator, buying things you need to and asking people for help.
7 ) Getting the party favours ready.
8) Making sure your and your child's outfits are ready for the day.
What tips do you have to help make your childs party a success?