Serving nutritious breakfast foods to your kids can be a challenge in the mornings, especially on school days with a rush to get ready and out of the house! If you've been looking for easy and quick breakfast recipes, here's a fun list of ideas that are quick to prepare and also healthy and fun for kids to eat. Which easy breakfast idea will you try?
1. Slice a banana into several small pieces, dip each one in yogurt then roll in nuts and/or small dried fruits. These banana treats can be eaten with a fork or frozen in advance for a hand-held snack.
2. Spread a flour tortilla with peanut butter, honey, banana slices, pineapple and coconut; roll the tortilla up for a quick and easy breakfast burrito. This is a great choice for a hand-held breakfast on the go.
3. Place ice cubes, yogurt, bananas, orange juice, peaches and strawberries (or other fruits of your choice) in the blender; blend until creamy for a quick breakfast smoothie. Decorate the top with small berries, diced fruits, or a drizzle of colorful fruit syrup.
4. Make ice pops from yogurt and fruits by filling an ice pop mold (or a small cup and wooden stick) and placing in the freezer until solidly frozen. This is a great summertime breakfast treat!
5. Do you have a favorite easy and quick breakfast recipe for quiche or egg-based casseroles? Split your favorite recipe into individual muffin tins, and freeze extra portions for future breakfasts.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut a hole out of the center of a slice of toast, then put it in a buttered pan and fry an egg in the middle; add a slice of cheese to melt over the top if you wish. Or, slice a large pepper into rings, and fry an egg into the center of the ring.
7. Decorate peeled hard-boiled eggs as faces or cute animals. Use bits of nuts, seeds, fruits or vegetables for eyes, noses, ears and mouths. Let your imagination run wild!
8. Spread a prepared piece of toast, English muffin, bagel or toaster waffle with butter and peanut butter; decorate with small fruits and nuts. For a square waffle or slice of toast, you can create a tic-tac-toe board. For a round English muffin or bagel, create a face or cute animal.
9. Use a variety of small cookie cutters to cut many small shapes from warm prepared slices of french toast. The small french toasts can be piled on a plate and drizzled in syrup, or the syrup can be placed in a small cup for dipping individual french toasts with fork or fingers.
10. A simple, hearty bowl of oatmeal can be turned into a fun food with creative decorating. Use fruits and nuts to create a face, or drizzle chocolate or maple syrup into a creative design.
Easy and quick breakfast ideas are fun for both kids and adults while making nutritious foods more appealing. Start your family's morning with a smile!
Editor will add in a couple of related articles here. If you have an article you want linked in at the end, please let your Editor know.