In today’s digital world it seems that traditional educational toys are getting replaced with their digital replica’s -Apps & iPads. But the question needs to be asked - Are education toys still important?
Image From Pixabay
To get to the bottom of this touchy subject we dug deep into the benefits of educational kids toys. We research both the benefits of traditional toys as well as those of ‘educational apps’ and have come to a solid conclusion...but before we share that, here was what we discovered about the benefits of educational toys…
1. They encourage learning in specific areas
- Our research showed that each specific type of toy incouraged learning in that particular area. For example, if you gave your toy a xylophone by EverEarth Toys
, then they would be more included to learn about music. Where if you gave them a robotics lego kit, they’d be more interested in robotics as they grow up.
With this knowledge it becomes increasingly easy to help direct your kids into a chosen profession or direction in life if you so desire.
2. They help with their development
- We discovered that if your kids toys involve solving challenges or different skill sets then your children will increase their skills in these area’s. With this said - digital apps that involve skills such as basic coding will help set your kids up for more office-bound futures than construction toys that will position your kids towards a more hands on personality.
3. Hand Eye coordination
- It became increasingly evident that if your kids play with more physical toys that they’ll develop far superior hand - eye coordination than if you just gave them digital toys
- Studies have shown that kids who play with toys such as building blocks and train sets have increased creative skills vs those who plan with strictly ‘problem solving’ based toys.
Bottom line - kids today need a balance of both digital and physical toys. They need to develop skills for the digital world that we live in, while also growing into resourceful, competent and creative individuals.
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.