It is very common to suffer from the odd sleepless nights during our pre-baby days. When my baby was born, I had another challenge: to resume my work in two and half months. Those sleepless nights used to make me feel irritable and a little hypersenitive. This topic used to come up during most of my discussions with my family and friends. That's when I learned some ways to cope up with this which helped me enjoy my motherhood.
,Photo by papaija2008 http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
• Swaddling your baby to sleep can be very beneficial. It makes the baby feel the way when she was in her mother's womb, and it helps them to stay calm and relaxed. By this, we can ensure that the kids sleep get a long and continous sleep.
• Ensure the baby is fed well during the day. Hunger is a primary reason which makes them awake during the night.
• Go early to bed and feed the baby in a comparatively darker room and make them sleep as close as possible.
• The ambience of the baby's room is also very important. It should be calm and quite, with preferably a dim light.
Photo by Danilo Rizzuti, http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
• Singing a lullaby to make the baby sleep helps them to settle and have an undisturbed sleep.
• Stick to a bed time routine. The babies tend to adjust and start to feel sleepy around that time.
• Match your sleep with your kid. It's a good idea to sleep when the baby is also sleeping.
• Interact and play with your baby more during the day time. This would make the baby realize that day time is to play and night time is to sleep.
Apart from these, I feel it also helps to communicate and share our feeling with our partners. The days we are really tired after a day at the office, our partner can help by taking care of the baby, while we take some rest and recharge our body.
, Photo by David Castillo http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
All these ideas were really fruitful to me in having a peaceful work life balance. Mothers of newly born babies can try this out and say bye bye to those sleepless night.